At this date Polar Educators International represents over 24 countries. PEI represents trusted leaders working to inspire appreciation and knowledge of the polar regions, their connectedness to all Earth’s systems, and importance to all humans across latitudes and cultures.
Evidence shows that education and outreach of the 2007-08 IPY touched 24 million people through the work of teachers, scientists, writers, filmmakers, policymakers, government agencies and many others. To capture this momentum and move us towards action, Polar Educators International was formed in early 2012.
- How can you benefit from becoming a member of Polar Educators International?
- Connect to a professional network working in partnership to further science communication efforts
- Learn through Master Classes by prominent research teams and world class educators
- Develop successful broader impacts statements for proposals and share successful polar science for curriculum
- Capture the latest research on, and products for, science communication
PEI is endorsed by the following prominent science organizations: the International Arctic Science Committee (IASC), the Scientific Committee for Antarctic Research (SCAR), and the Association of Polar Early Career Scientists (APECS). PEI is currently supported through in-kind support from the Arctic Research Consortium of the United States (ARCUS) and Climate and Cryosphere (CLiC).
PEI is a vibrant network promoting polar education and research to a global community. By fostering dialogue and collaboration between educators and researchers, PEI aims to highlight and share the global relevance of the polar regions with the broader community. Join PEI to be a part of this growing global network!
Sign up for free membership here: www.polareducator.org
Polar Educators International [PEI] - A vibrant network promoting polar education and research to a global community.